This generation of consoles, Bloober Team have established themselves as one of the premiere developers of horror titles. The sublime remake of Silent Hill 2, 2025’s terrific survival horror, Cronos: The New Dawn, as well as accomplished The Medium have arrived since the Xbox Series and PlayStation era began.
Confirmed to be remaking the original Silent Hill, the studio had been counting down a mysterious announcement for February 15. With the clock finally now having counted down, we know that Bloober are working on a threequel to Layers of Fear.
In a chilling teaser to coincide with Valentines weekend – “The Sick Rise”, which you can see below – an eerie gentleman says “But, I do hope you enjoy this very special day with that special someone in your life. Who Knows? It may be your last”.
Not sharing any more information at this stage, we’re told to stay tuned for further updates to third entry in the psychological horror franchise.
Bloober also have a third project also in development, Switch and Switch 2 exclusive, ‘Project M’. Little is known about what Project M actually is but the studio says it will “please fans” of classic horror games including Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil and Limbo. Though, the game will have “a bold twist, one that no horror game has explored before. A vision that could only exist on Nintendo hardware“.
If you’re a big horror fan and are looking for a new title ahead of Resident Evil: Requiem, be sure to check out Vermila Studios’ excellent, Crisol: Theater of Idols which we scored highly in our review just last week.
Are you pleased to see Layers of Fear returning? What could Project M possibly be? Let us know in the comments below or join the friendly and active Gamer Social Club Discord to chat about all your favourite horror games.